Products Supported: All Cradlepoint router and modem models.
Firmware Version: Any Firmware Version - for information on upgrading firmware, see Firmware Policy FAQ.
This article describes how to determine the Series and Model of a Cradlepoint product.
Cradlepoint models don't all have the same set of features and capabilities, so the process for troubleshooting these devices varies. In order to answer questions about the capabilities of a certain router or modem, or to resolve any issues it might be experiencing, we must first correctly identify the product.
- Step 1: Locate the description label of your router or modem. Usually it will be found on the bottom of the device.
- Note: If the router appears to have no visible label, but has a sliding battery door, it is a PHS300.
- Step 2: The device model should be labeled as Model No. or Part No.
- Step 3: If there is a H/W ver. listed, please note it as well. For some router models the hardware version determines whether the device has a certain capability or not.
- Step 4: Consult the tables below to identify and view product information for your device.
Table 2: Cradlepoint Integrated Modem Models
If you have no physical access to the device, we can still try to identify it by connecting to it.
- Step 1: Connect to your router and access its administrative console.
- Local Connection: If you are able to connect to the router locally, follow the instructions in Connecting a Computer to a Cradlepoint Router. Access the router's administration console by going to http://192.168.0.1 in your web browser.
- Remote Connection: Access the router by going to http://[your public IP address]:8080 in your web browser.
- Note: If you do not see a login page when accessing the router, its IP address may have been changed, or its security level increased. It will be necessary to identify the router visually.
- Step 2: Compare the appearance of the router's administrative console with the images in Table 3 below to determine your router's Series.
Table 3: Cradlepoint Interface Differences
|Series 1 & 2|
|Series 3 Post FW 6|
- Step 3: Follow the appropriate Series 1 & 2, Series 3 with 6.0 firmware, OR Series 3 prior to firmware 6.0 instructions to log into your router's console.
- Step 4: Locate your router information.
- Series 1 & 2: Click on the Status tab, and choose Logs in the left navigation menu. Click Save Log to generate a text copy of your router's information. Open this file with any text editor and search for Prod or Product.
- Series 3: Click on the Status tab. Locate the Device Information section and look for the Product listed there.
End of Life/Discontinued Models
The following tables list the Cradlepoint devices that are discontinued or have reached end-of-life and are no longer supported.
Table 7: Cradlepoint Discontinued Integrated Modems
|Integrated Modem||Model||Replacement Model|
Published Date: 10/05/2015
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.