End of Life (EOL) Policy Guidelines
*Products Supported: All.
Cradlepoint products and services go through a defined product lifecycle and eventually reach their end of life (“EOL” or “End-of-Life”). A Cradlepoint product/service may enter the End-of-Life process for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to: availability of newer, more technologically advanced products, market demand, or component availability.
Any Cradlepoint Product/Service to be discontinued will be announced and identified on the Cradlepoint website six months prior to its End-of-Sale date*. This End-of-Life Announcement outlines important Milestones for Cradlepoint products and/or services which are in the process of becoming discontinued. With these Milestones a Cradlepoint customer can plan their upgrade/refresh path with ease.
- End-of-Sale Date*: The last date to order the product through Cradlepoint Channel Partners.
- End-of-Support Date: The last date Cradlepoint will support the specified product.
- Last NetCloud Operating System (NCOS) Release Date: The last date Cradlepoint will release an operating system/update for the specified product.
- NCOS: Cradlepoint’s proprietary software installed on a virtual or physical product.
- NCOS Upgrades: New Operating System releases that may contain new features and/or functionality.
*On the End-of-Sale date, discontinued products are removed from the price list and are no longer available for purchase.
End-of-Life Announcement for Cradlepoint Products/Services
2018 EOL North America Products/Services
2018 EOL International Products/Services
2018 EOL Software Products/Services
Cradlepoint Legacy Products/Services (Previously Discontinued)
2017 and prior EOL for all Products/Services
- For product warranty terms, see your product documentation.
- For Customers with continuous coverage under certain Cradlepoint Warranty options, hardware warranty coverage can be extended to a maximum of 5 years from the original product purchase date.
NetCloud Operating System Support
Generally during the product Warranty Period and with an active NetCloud Solution Package, Cradlepoint will, at its sole discretion, provide maintenance releases, work-arounds, or patches for critical issues reported to, and confirmed by, our Global Service and Support Department.
For Customers with continuous coverage under an active NetCloud Solution Package or CradleCare:
Cradlepoint will provide NetCloud Operating System updates and upgrades, as available, through the Last NCOS Release date (Generally 1-year from End-of-Sale date).
- After Last NCOS Release date, Cradlepoint may, at its option, address critical issues reported via the Global Service and Support Department.
NetCloud Manager Announcement For Series 2 Devices
Notification of EOL of Series 2 Support within NetCloud Manager as of December 28, 2018
NetCloud Manager (NCM) provides a secondary service to provide support for certain Cradlepoint “Series 2” devices, specifically the CBA750CP, CBA250, CTR500, MBR1000, MBR1200CP, MBR800, and MBR900 models. End of Support Date for all of these models was May 31, 2018 or older.
Effective December 28, 2018, Cradlepoint will decommission the Series 2 Support within NetCloud Manager and these EOL SKU’s will no longer be manageable in NCM.
Effect of EOL:
Within NCM, the Series 2 devices will appear ‘Offline’ and will no longer be manageable. The devices will continue to perform to their original specifications.
Cradlepoint Refresh Program:
A refresh program is available to effected Series 2 customers through October 31, 2018. Cradlepoint will provide a discount on the purchase of a Series 3 replacement router as a refresh unit to replace the EOL Series 2 router. Contact your Cradlepoint Account Representative for details on the Refresh Program.
Additionally, Cradlepoint can assist in identifying the Series 2 devices within your network that need to be refreshed.
Cradlepoint typically provides router and final NCOS version support for an EOL product/service for a period of five (5) years after the End-of-Sale date for customers with a current NetCloud Solution Package or a current NetCloud Manager (NCM) subscription which has not lapsed. If the discontinued product is not available for replacement or repair of an in-warranty product, Cradlepoint reserves the right to replace the discontinued product with functionally equivalent hardware.
Cradlepoint typically provides support for an EOL product/service until the end of the applicable license for customers with an active NetCloud Solution Package or NCM Service.
- End Users must have a current and fully paid NetCloud Solution Package or NCM subscription in place to access the Cradlepoint Global Service and Support Department for technical assistance.
- For products that are not covered under an active NetCloud Solution Package or NCM subscription, if the product is eligible, customers may add a NetCloud Solution Package renewal to the product(s).
- Renewal of a NetCloud Solution Package or NCM subscription will generally be available until the last year of support but may not extend beyond the End-of-Support date.
These Policy Guidelines are subject to change by Cradlepoint without notice.
Published Date: 6/5/2018
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.