NCOS: How to Configure Default Connection State on a Cradlepoint Router
Products Supported: AER31x0, AER2100, AER16x0, MBR1400v2, IBR11x0, IBR9x0, IBR6x0, IBR6x0B, IBR6x0C, MBR1200B, CBA850. Click here to identify your router.
NCOS: 6.4.x - for information on upgrading NCOS, click here.
After NCOS release 6.4, Connection Manager has been updated with this tab referring to how interfaces using this profile will initially connect. This article is intended to guide someone through the Default Connection State Configuration on a Cradlepoint Router.
Default Connection State Setup
- Step 1: Log into the router's NCOS Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Navigate to Connection Manager on the left Menu.
- Step 3: Select the gear to configure the Default Connection State of the desired WAN interface.
- Step 4: By default, an interface will "connect as needed" as determined by priority, availability and configuration.
Other options include:
NCOS: 6.0 Connection Manager
- Standby: Standby will cause the interface to connect as soon as ready, but no data will be routed to the interface until it becomes active. This makes the interface more immediately available when an interface change is needed.
- Always On: Always On will connect the interface and leave it connected. The interface is considered active and data may be routed to the interface at any time based on routing and firewall policies.
Published Date: 07/17/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.