NetCloud Manager (NCM): Remote Connect LAN Manager
The LAN Manager feature allows Admin, Full Access, and Diagnostics users to connect to devices on a Cradlepoint Router's LAN. You can specify the Name, IP address, and Port number of the device you wish to connect to. You can save multiple profiles for ease of use later.
**Note: Supports HTTP, HTTPS, and SSH.**
What is the Best Practice for LAN Manager
Configuration Difficulty: Intermediate
- Step 1: Log into NetCloud Manager.
- Step 2: Click on the Devices tab.
- Step 3: Select the device whose LAN Manager you want to configure.
- Step 4: Click on the Remote Connect dropdown, hover over LAN Manager, and click Enable
- Alternatively, you could click on Add/Edit for Out of Band Manager, then click the enable Checkbox for LAN Manager.
- Step 5: Click on the Add/Edit button beneath LAN Manager
- Step 6: Click on the Add button for LAN Manager, then add a new profile either via Manual or DHCP Scan.
- Step 1: Add in a Profile Name, IP address, and the Port you wish to access this device on, and save the profile.
- Step 1: Select the device you wish to connect to from the list, then click next.
- Step 2: Add in a Profile Name, IP address, and the Port you wish to access this device on, and save the profile.
Using Remote Connect
- Once you have the Profiles configured, you can either select them from the Remote Connect page, or from the Dropdown on the Devices page.
Published Date: 7/7/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.