NetCloud Manager (NCM) Overview
Products Supported: All Current Series 3, CBA750, CBA250, CTR500, MBR1000, MBR800, MBR900, & MBR1200 router models. See Identify Cradlepoint Products to identify your router.
Navigate the User Interface
Customizing and Filtering Grid Views
This article is an overview of using NCM, including links to articles with more details on using NCM.
Once you have upgraded NCOS to at least 4.4.0 and registered your devices, go to the NetCloud Manager log in page and log in using your NCM credentials.
Figure 1: NetCloud Manager Login Screen
The NCM navigation menu contains the following tabs:
- DASHBOARD—provides powerful insight into your network through WAN analytics including connectivity, data usage, and performance. See the Dashboard Overview section of this article, and NetCloud Manager Dashboard Tab for more information.
- DEVICES—monitor all the devices loaded into NCM. View statuses, change configurations, and update firmware by device. See Netcloud Manager Devices Tab Overview for more information.
- GROUPS—monitor devices by group. Add new groups and view statuses, change configurations, and update firmware by group. See NetCloud Manager Groups Tab for more information.
- NETWORKS—see Auto VPN for more information.
- ALERTS & LOGS—view a list of alerts generated by your devices and edit the settings for alerts, including emailed alerts. See NetCloud Manager: Alerting and Reporting for more information.
- REPORTS—select the date range, type of report, group(s), and identifier fields and export CSV reports. See the "Exporting Reports" section in NetCloud Manager: Alerting and Reporting for more information.
- SCHEDULER—schedule and manage NCOS upgrades. See NetCloud Manager NCOS Scheduler for more information.
- TOOLS—manage NCOS SDK applications and Developer Mode devices. See NetCloud Manager Tools Tab for more information.
- APPLICATIONS—try, buy, and manage cloud-based applications (e.g., CP Secure Threat Management). This tab is only available for top-level account administrators. See NetCloud Manager – Applications for more information.
- ACCOUNTS & USERS—add and edit users and sub-accounts. See Netcloud Manager: Creating Users and Subaccounts (SSO Login Method) for more information.
For contextual help, open the Help Panel by clicking on the question mark symbol in the top right corner.
Figure 2: NetCloud Manager Help Panel
The Help Panel can be resized or collapsed.
Tip: Use your Web browser's “Find” function to search the help text (e.g. click Ctrl+F or ⌘+F).
Figure 3: NetCloud Manager Dashboard
The NCM Dashboard contains reporting information, using the following sub-tabs:
- Home – includes reports for online/offline devices, data usage for WAN, WiFi as WAN, and ethernet WAN,
- GeoView – displays a map showing the physical location of devices in an account (devices must have location services enabled to appear on the GeoView map).
- Uptime – for WANs, groups, and routers.
- Modem Usage – modem data usage by carrier, group, and device, connected modem counts.
- Clients – reports on clients connected to devices.
- Traffic – traffic reports by categories, applications, routers, and clients.
See NetCloud Manager Dashboard Tab
for more information.
Customizing and Filtering Grid Views
The DEVICES, GROUPS, NETWORKS, ALERTS & LOGS, SCHEDULER, and ACCOUNTS & USERS pages contain grid displays. The grids are customizable, using any of the following actions:
- Reorder grid columns by dragging and dropping the column headers.
- Resize columns by dragging the edge of the column headers.
- Sort rows by ascending or descending order by clicking on the column headers.
- Add or remove columns by using the “Column Selection” icon in the top right corner of the grid. Select or deselect columns from the popup list that appears.
Figure 4: NetCloud Manager - Customize the Grid
Use either of the following options to filter the grid to show a subset of the grid items:
- Type a string of characters into the search box (circled in the image shown below) to filter by devices that have that string in one of their fields. You can use partial strings, and the field does not have to start with the partial string. For example, “600” will display devices that have “IBR600” in the Product field.
Figure 5: NetCloud Manager - Search the Grid
- Some of the fields in the grid (e.g. Product) are hyperlinks for filtering the grid. Click on a hyperlinked field in the grid to filter the grid by that field's value. For example, click on “MBR1400v2” in the Product field to display only MBR1400v2 devices in the grid.
Published Date: 07/13/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.