This article was written based on the 2.0.0 Series 2 Firmware.
If you are not sure what model CradlePoint router you have, please click here.
The CradlePoint products that this article refers to are in the End of Life process, there will be no further firmware updates for any of these products. All Knowledgebase articles related to these products have received their final update. To view our current product line, please visit https://cradlepoint.com/products.
Internet Service Provider (ISP) recommends setting a static WAN IP.
Some ISP's require static IP settings to be configured in the router.
- Confirm that the ISP requires static WAN IP settings by contacting the ISP (typically ISP’s do not require these settings).
- Disconnect your static WAN source from the CradlePoint router.
- Log into the routers administration page (login instructions).
- Click on the BASIC Tab
- Click on WAN on the menu to the left.
- Scroll down to the Wired Wan Settings box, Under Internet Connection Select Static IP. In the fields below that, input the information provided by your ISP.
- Scroll to the top of the page, and click to Save Settings and then Reboot Now when prompted.
- Connect your Static Wan connection to the Blue Port on the CradlePoint
- Allow at least 2 minutes for the device to establish a connection
Note:If you still cant connect after 5 minutes, unplug the Static WAN connection from the blue port of the CradlePoint, then power off the CradlePoint for 10 seconds, then power it back on. After about 2 minutes (once the Cradlepoint stabilizes and has fully rebooted) replug in the Static WAN connection into the CradlePoint's Blue Port and wait an additional 5 minutes for the connection to establish.This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.