Router Communication/Data Usage
Products Supported: AER3100, AER2100, AER1600, MBR1400v2 MBR1400, MBR1200B, IBR6x0, IBR11x0, IBR350. Click here to identify your router.
Firmware Version: 6.0.1 and up. For information on upgrading firmware, click here.
The factory default configuration of the router is set to communicate with Cradlepoint and other resources at regular intervals to access the latest NetCloud OS firmware, modem firmware, clock synchronization (NTP), and NetCloud Manager (NCM) membership. Such communication may result in data usage and applicable charges regardless of whether the router uses a wired or wireless Internet connection.
Data Usage Amounts per check
- Router Firmware Check
- Modem Firmware Check
- Clock Sync (NTP)
- NCM Membership - 6.5kb
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
To disable features that can use data as described above, please follow these steps.
Router Firmware Check
- Step 1: Navigate to System > System Control > NetCloud OS
- Step 2: Click the button next to Automatic NCOS Check so that it says Disabled.
- Step 3: Click the button next to Allow HTTP NCOS Check so that it says Disabled.
Modem Firmware Check
- Step 1: Navigate to System > System Control > Modem Firmware
- Step 2: Uncheck the box for Automatic check for new firmware so that it is Disabled.
Clock Sync (NTP)
- Note: NTP is required for ECM communication to work, other services may also be impacted by disabling NTP.
- Step 1: Navigate to System > Administration > System Clock.
- Step 2: Uncheck the box for Enabled under Network Time Protocol (NTP) and click Save.
- Step 1: Navigate to System > NetCloud.
- Step 2: Uncheck the box for Enabled under NetCloud Settings and click Save.
Published Date: 12/13/2017
Article not have what you need? Not finding what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.