How to setup MAC Address Filtering on a Cradlepoint router
Products Supported: Series 3. Click here to identify your router.
NCOS Version: 5.3.0 - for information on upgrading NCOS, click here.
NCOS version 6.0 has been released and introduces a vastly improved GUI for all current Series 3 routers. Cradlepoint has created new Knowledge Base articles with updated screen shots and instructions for the new GUI layout. As a result, this article has received its final update. To view the version of this Knowledge Base article for NCOS 6.0 and Later please click here.
This article describes how to configure MAC Address Filtering. This feature restricts wireless device access (allow specific wireless devices to connect to the routers Wi-Fi network).
Configuration Difficulty: Intermediate
- Step 1: Log into the router's Setup Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Click the Network Settings tab.
- Step 3: Select MAC Filter from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: In the Filter Configuration section place a check mark next to Enable.
- Step 5: Select Whitelist or Blacklist. WHITELIST is demonstrated here. Setting up the BLACKLIST option is the same steps.
- WHITELIST: only allow those computers listed to connect to the network.
- BLACKLIST: Do not allow those devices listed to connect to the network.
- Step 6: Click the Add button.
- Step 7: In the pop-up window, enter the MAC Address and Mask(Optional) of the device you would like to create a rule for in the MAC Address box. [Always begin with the device you are using to configure the Cradlepoint router]
- Step 8: Click the Submit button.
- Step 9: The address will now be populated in to the MAC Filter List. Hit Apply.
- Step 11: Repeat these steps for all devices that you would like to either ALLOW access to your network or DENY access to your network corresponding to the rule selected in step 5.
Published Date: 12/18/2014
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.