Products Supported: AER 2100, MBR1400v2, MBR1200B, MBR95, CBA750, CBR4x0, IBR6x0, CTR35. Click here to identify your router.
Firmware Version: 5.3.0 - for information on upgrading firmware, click here. Please note that for the CBR4x0, MBR95, and CTR35 routers, there will be no further firmware updates, but the process defined below remains the same.
Firmware version 6.0 has been released and introduces a vastly improved GUI for all current Series 3 routers. Cradlepoint has created new Knowledge Base articles with updated screen shots and instructions for the new GUI layout. As a result, this article has received its final update. To view the version of this Knowledge Base article for Firmware 6.0 and Later please click here.
This article is designed to resolve a "NAT Type Strict" or similar message on a Gaming Console (Xbox One, Playstation 4, Wii U, etc.) when trying to communicate with online services.
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
- Step 1: Log into the router's Setup Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Click on the Network Settings tab and select DHCP Server from the drop-down menu.
- Note: Note: You will be presented with a list of all devices currently obtaining IP addressing from your CradlePoint router, including your gaming console. To determine which entry is the proper device (if the hostname does not make it readily apparant) compare the MAC or Hardware Address of the gaming console to the list of Active DHCP Leases. The gaming console's MAC address information should be found in the consoles Network Settings.
- Step 3: After the MAC address has been verified select the entry and prese the Reserve button. Make note of the IP Address for the device as that will be used in later steps.
- Step 4: Click on the Network Settings tab and select Firewall from the drop-down menu.
- Step 5: In the left hand column select DMZ (DeMilitarized Zone).
- Step 6: Check the box next to Enabled.
- Step 7: Input the devices IP address from Step 3 into the IP Address field.
- Step 8: Click Apply.
After submitting these settings your gaming console will be outside of the CradlePoint router's firewall which resolves any NAT issues on the gaming console. If you continue you to receive the "Strict NAT" messages generated on the Gaming Consoles it is likely that your internet provider has a firewall in use on your connection. Further troubleshooting will need to involve the ISP.
Published Date: 12/11/2014
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.