End of Life (EOL) Policy Guidelines
*Products Supported: All.
Cradlepoint products go through a defined product lifecycle and eventually reach their end of life (“EOL” or “End-of-Life”). Products may enter the End-of-Life process for a variety of reasons, including: availability of newer, more technologically advanced products, market demand or component availability. We have established our End-of-Life policy to help customers manage their product End-of-Life transitions and understand migration paths to current Cradlepoint products and services.
Any products to be discontinued will be announced as End-of-Life and identified on the Cradlepoint web site up to six months prior to the discontinuation and End-of-Sale date. On the End-of-Sale date, discontinued products are removed from the price list and are no longer available for purchase.
- For product warranty terms, see your product documentation.
- For Customers with continuous coverage under certain CradleCare Support options, hardware warranty coverage can be extended to a maximum of 5 years from the original product purchase date.
NetCloud Operating System Support
Generally during the product Warranty Period, Cradlepoint will, at its sole discretion, provide maintenance releases, work-arounds, or patches for critical bugs reported to, and confirmed by, our Technical Assistance Center (TAC).
For Customers with continuous coverage under CradleCare Support:
Cradlepoint will provide Operating System updates and upgrades, as available, through the Last Software Release date (Generally 1-year from End-of-Sale date).
- After Last SW Release date, Cradlepoint may, at its option, address critical bugs reported via TAC.
Cradlepoint typically provides router and NCOS support for an EOL products for a period of five (5) years after the End-of-Sale date for customers under CradleCare Support. If the discontinued product is not available for replacement or repair of an in-warranty, or CradleCare Support return, Cradlepoint reserves the right to replace the discontinued product with functionally equivalent hardware.
Cradlepoint typically provides software and services support for an EOL products until the end of the applicable license for customers under CradleCare Support.
- End Users must have a current and fully paid CradleCare Support subscription in place to access the Cradlepoint TAC for technical support.
- For products that are not covered under a CradleCare Support subscription, customers may add the product(s) to a current CradleCare Support subscription or purchase a new CradleCare Support subscription until 12 months after the original purchase date (or Cradlepoint factory ship date if proof of purchase date is not available).
- CradleCare Support subscriptions are not available for purchase if not purchased within 12 months of the original purchase date.
- Renewal of CradleCare Support subscriptions will generally be available until the last year of support, but may not extend beyond the End-of-Support date.
- End-of-Life Announcement: Advance notification of the date the official End-of-Sale date notice will be posted.
- End-of-Sale Date: The last date to order the product through Cradlepoint Channel Partners. After this date, the product is “discontinued”. The product will be removed from the price list and is no longer available for sale.
- Last NetCloud Operating System (NCOS) Release Date: Last date device operating system will be updated.
- NCOS: means Cradlepoint’s proprietary software running on a Cradlepoint hardware product.
- NCOS Upgrades: New Operating System Releases that contain new features and functionality.
- End-of-Support Date: The last date a product will be supported by Cradlepoint. Product becomes obsolete.
These Policy Guidelines are subject to change by Cradlepoint without notice.
Official End-of-Life Milestones by Product
Published Date: 1/16/2018
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.