This document describes the options for provisioning Extended Enterprise License (EEL) on supported Cradlepoint routers.
For customer utilizing Cradlepoint NetCloud Manager (NCM) STANDARD, EEL license are not available and will not be automatically provisioned. For customers utilizing CradlePoint NetCloud Manager (NCM) PRIME, EEL is automatically provisioned on the routers for which it was purchased, via NCM.OverviewCradlepoint offers the Extended Enterprise License (EEL), which enables advanced routing features on the Series 3 routers. When the EEL subscription is purchased (1, 3, or 5-year terms), the License entitlement is set up in our systems, and an EEL Key File must be uploaded locally via a direct connection to each router for which it was purchased.
Customer Self-Load Step-by-Step guide
- Once the entitlement is set up in Cradlepoint systems, an Entitlement Notification email is sent to the purchasing customer and includes contact information to request an EEL Key File for individual router self-loading.
- The Key File email includes the Key File, and instructions on how to directly connect to each router via WiFi or Ethernet cable with specific steps on how to upload the Key File.
- A single Key File is good for all routers included on the EEL Purchase Order (Serial numbers or MAC addresses of routers to be enabled must be included on the purchase order, or provided to Cradlepoint in a CSV file).
Configuration Difficulty: Intermediate
- Step 1: In most cases, the license key file will be emailed to you. Save the file with extension
.lic to your computer.
- Step 2: Log into NCOS. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 3: Click on the System Settings tab and select Feature Licenses from the drop-down menu.
- Step 4: Click Choose File and locate the license key file saved during Step 1.
- Step 5: Click Upload to apply the license key to your Cradlepoint router.
- Step 6: Upon successful upload, the router will rebooted to finish installation.
After the router reboot, the feature will be unlocked and ready for configuration.
- If you do not see the Feature Licenses page, please update your Cradlepoint router to the latest version of NCOS. The minimum NCOS version for using feature licenses is 5.0.0.
- If you are not able to successfully upload the license key, check which device it was created for. A license key is only valid for the device that was specified when the license was purchased or requested for a trial.
Published Date: 07/13/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.