NCOS : Cradlepoint Automatic Modem Firmware Update
Products Supported: AER31x0, AER2100, MBR1400v2, MBR1400, IBR350, IBR6x0, IBR11x0, CBA750B, and CBA850. Click here to identify your router.
NCOS Version: 6.0 and newer - for information on upgrading NCOS Versions, click here.
NOTE: LP6 firmware is stored locally on the Modem, unlike the LP4 firmware that is stored on the Cradlepoint router. For more information on LP4 firmware, click here.
Certain Cradlepoint modems have the ability to receive modem firmware updates over the Internet connection of the router.
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
- Step 1: Log into the router's NCOS Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Click on System, then System Control, and then Modem Firmware from the navigation menu.
- Step 3: Select the Modem you wish to upgrade from the Modems: drop down list.
- Step 4: The Cradlepoint will check online to see if there is a new firmware version. If there is a new version available it will display the new version.
- Step 5: Click Automatic (Internet) to begin the automatic firmware update.
The modem will now go through the following stages as it applies the modem firmware.
- Setting Mode
- Applying Firmware
After the firmware is applied, the router will reboot and the modem will reconnect (this process can take a few minutes). A double check of the firmware should show it has been updated and no longer show an update available.
Published Date: 07/14/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.