NCOS: Change the Ethernet Port Mode of a CBA850
Products Supported: CBA850
NCOS Version: 6.1.x or newer - for information on upgrading NCOS Versions, click here.
This article describes the steps necessary to set up a WAN port on the CBA850.
The WAN port is used to connect a Ethernet cable that is going to provide internet access to the CBA850 to share with it's LAN clients or IP Passthrough device.
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
- Step 1: Log into the router's NCOS Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Navigate to Networking -> Local Networks -> Local IP Networks
- Note: Steps 2 - 4 are recommended but optional, you will not be able manage the Cradlepoint locally if not followed
- Step 3: Select IPPT Interface and then select Edit
- Step 4: Select Access Control and then check Admin Access
- Step 5: Navigate to Networking -> VLAN Interfaces
- Step 6: Select the UID lan and then select Edit
- Step 7: Change the Mode from LAN to WAN and then select Save
- Note: You will need to now navigate to http://192.168.10.1 and be connected to LAN2 port on the Cradlepoint
- Step 8: To confirm you now have a WAN port available, navigate to Connection Manager and you should see "LAN 1 (VID: 1)
I can no longer access the administrative pages of the Cradlepoint
When changing the UID:"lan" VLAN interface to a WAN port will remove administrative access to the Cradlepoint if step 2 through step 4 were not followed. The IP address to access the Cradlepoint has changed when following the above steps and you will need to navigate to https://192.168.10.1 to access the administrative pages. If you still are not able to access the Cradlepoint you will probably have to factory reset the device.
If you are not able to get your hard-wired internet WAN to connect, you might have to statically set the WAN interface, please follow this KB.
Published Date: 07/13/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.