NCOS: Cable/DSL/Satellite Modem Setup on a CradlePoint router with Multiple Ethernet Ports
Products Supported: AER3100, AER2100, MBR1400v2, MBR1400v1, MBR1200B, MBR95. Click here to identify your router.
NCOS Version: 6.0 - for information on upgrading NCOS Versions, click here.
You are unable to access the internet with your Cable, DSL or Satellite modem connected to your CradlePoint router.
Some Cable, DSL, or Satellite modems use the same default IP address as the CradlePoint router. This causes an IP conflict when connecting the router to the modem. Changing the CradlePoint router's IP address will eliminate this IP address Conflict.
Configuration Difficulty: Intermediate
- Step 1: Log into the router's NCOS page. For help with logging in please click here.
Step 2: Click the Networking tab on the left, then expand Local Networks and select Local IP Networks.
Step 3: In the Local IP Networks section put a check mark in the box to the left of Primary LAN.
Step 4: Click Edit.
Step 5: Select the IPv4 Settings on the tab to the left and change the IP Address to 192.168.1.1
- Step 6: Click the Save button to save the changes, then OK in the next window.
- Step 7: Unplug both the router and the Cable/DSL Modem from power.
- Step 8: Plug the Ethernet cable from the Cable Modem into the blue or WAN Ethernet port on the back of the CradlePoint router.
- Step 9: Wait approximately 30 seconds, then plug the Cable Modem back into power. Allow approximately 30 to 45 seconds for the modem to boot, stabilize, and connect to the ISP.
- Step 10: Plug the power cord back into the CradlePoint router, allow approximately 30 seconds for the router to boot, stabilize and connect.
- Step 11: The router should now provide internet access to connected computers.
NOTE: To access the router's setup pages use the IP address that the router was changed to. If the router IP address was changed to 192.168.50.1 as in the steps above, then you will use that IP address to access the routers setup pages.
Published Date: 07/13/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.