COR IBR350L-VZ Modem Firmware Update NotificationApril 15, 2016 What is it?
Cradlepoint has posted new L-VZ modem
firmware, 01.00.05, and is a requirement for future network compatibility on Verizon’s network. The updated modem firmware package applies solely to the COR IBR350L-VZ router, which contains this affected modem. Cradlepoint encourages customers to update their modem firmware
as soon as possible to avoid potential issues that may occur. Please note that modem firmware is separate from router firmware.
The most significant issue addressed in the 01.00.05 (G0.V.01.00.05R) modem firmware update is:
Verizon network updates are underway, and should be substantially complete by end of May 2016. Are My Devices Affected?
- Addresses a critical issue where the modem cannot connect to Verizon’s network in areas where Verizon network technology updates have occurred. Original modem firmware is not compatible with Verizon’s newer network technology; this modem firmware update is required to maintain a connection with Verizon’s network today, and in the future.
- All COR IBR350L-VZ routers are affectedDevices NOT Affected
- COR IBR350LPE (VZ, AT, SP, GN)
- COR IBR350P2
PRIOR to updating your modem firmware, you may need to take extra action to ensure a seamless update:
Upgrading Modem Firmware
- If you have a Verizon dynamic IP consumer SIM, no extra action is needed.
- If you have any other type of Verizon SIM account (such as static IP, private network, etc.), it is required to manually set the unique APN in the router PRIOR to starting the modem firmware upgrade process.
- Please follow the manual APN entry instructions per this KB article.
- In Step 8, enter the APN appropriate for your Verizon SIM / account.
At Cradlepoint, protecting your network is our first priority. As part of Cradlepoint’s firmware policy, customers always have the ability to implement bug fixes and patches by accessing firmware updates.
To upgrade your modem firmware:
- If you are utilizing Enterprise Cloud Manager, upgrading modem firmware is easy, Click here
- For instructions on upgrading modem firmware using the Automatic Update capability in the router user interface, click here
- If you want to download new modem firmware and manually update using the router user interface, click here
For more information contact your Cradlepoint Support Representative at 1.855.813.3385 (Toll Free) or +1.208.424.5054(Direct) 8 am to 8 pm EST, or email@example.com
for email support.
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org