Enterprise Cloud Manager (ECM) Overview
Products Supported: All Current Series 3, CBA750, CBA250, CTR500, MBR1000, MBR800, MBR900, & MBR1200 router models. Click here to identify your router.
This article describes the overview of ECM and the diverse content that is available to you in one location.
Once you have upgraded firmware to at least 4.4.0 and registered your devices, go to https://cradlepointecm.com and log in using your ECM credentials.
Once you are logged in, the left navigation menu shows the following tabs:
- Dashboard: Provides powerful insight into your network through WAN analytics including connectivity, data usage, and performance.
- Devices: Monitor all the devices loaded into ECM. View statuses, change configurations, and update firmware by device.
- Groups: Monitor devices by group. Add new groups and view statuses, change configurations, and update firmware by group.
- Accounts & Users: Add new users and sub-accounts and edit the existing ones.
- Alerts: View a list of alerts generated by your devices and edit settings for alerts, including emailed alerts.
- Reports: Select the date range, type of report, group(s), and identifier fields and export CSV reports.
- Applications: Trial, buy, and manage cloud-based applications (e.g., CP Secure Threat Management). This tab is only available for top-level account administrators.
For contextual help, open the Help Panel by clicking on the question mark symbol in the top right corner.
You have the ability to collapse or re-size the Help Panel. Also, use your operating system/browser “Find” function to search the help text (e.g. click Ctrl+F or ⌘+F).
The ECM Dashboard is show below. On the Dashboard you will find:
- Device count including total devices, devices in Initialized status, and online/offline count.
- Ethernet and Modem WAN data usage.
- Device Location map.
- Connected Modem count by Carrier.
- Connected Modem Count by Service type.
- Device count by Product.
- WAN Data Usage by Day.
- Group Status Overview.
- Alerts by Type.
- Modem Devices over xGB.
The Devices, Groups, and Alerts → Log pages all display as grids. The grids are customizable. Reorder columns by dragging and dropping the column headers. Resize columns by dragging the edge of the column headers. Click on the column headers to sort rows by ascending/descending order.
To remove or add columns, click on the “Column Selection” icon in the top right corner of the grid. Select/deselect columns from the popup list that appears.
To filter the display to show a subset of the grid items, you have two main options:
- Some of the fields in the grid are hyperlinks for filtering the grid (e.g. “Product”). From within the grid, click on a hyperlinked field and the grid will be filtered to display only the devices of that type. For example, click on “MBR1400v2” to display only MBR1400v2 devices.
- Input a string of characters into the search box (top right) to filter by devices that have that string in one of their fields. You can use partial strings, and the field does not have to start with the partial string. For example, “600” will display devices that have “IBR600” in the Product field. This searches most (but not all) of the fields.
Published Date: 10/30/2015
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.