ECM: Tracking Client Data Analytics
Unsupported Products: IBR350, CBA750B, CBA850, MBR1200B, and ECM Standard (requires ECM Prime)
Firmware Version: 6.0.0 - for information on upgrading firmware, click here.
This article describes the process of enabling client Data Usage tracking through Enterprise Cloud Manager (ECM).
Note: This feature requires ECM Prime and is not available on ECM Standard.
Client Data usage information is initially tracked within the routers, and then sent to ECM at specified intervals. ECM has multiple options for displaying the received modem data usage statistics:
- Dashboard provides a quick, visual overview of all your devices' client; data usage
- Client data information under a specific device displays only client data for that particular device
Note: There is a potential for some loss of data between the router and ECM if, for example, the router reboots before sending a usage sample. The client data usage numbers in ECM are strictly estimates and are dependent on information provided by the router: these may not match the data usage numbers provided by your service provider.
Enable Client Data Analytics
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
Client Data Usage Reporting can be enabled through ECM under the account dashboard or in the device dashboard after selecting specific device.
Note: There will be an additional 200K bandwidth increase per month per LAN client
To enable Client Data Analytics, follow the directions listed below:
- Step 1: Log into your ECM account.
- Step 2: If your router is not already registered to ECM, refer to this article for help resitering your device to ECM. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
- Step 3: Click on the Dashboard tab.
- Step 4: Click on the Clients tab underneath the Dashboard menu.
- Step 5: Click on the Settings button.
- Step 6: Find the device you wish to enable Client Data Analytics for (either on the list or through the search bar) and check the associated box.
- Step 7: Click on the Enable button above the top of the devices table.
- Step 8: Enable Client Analytics prompt window will ask if you are sure you wish to enable to feature, select Yes.
Note: After enabling Client Data Analytics for a device it will take 24 hours to start showing reported data.
Note: Same process can be completed through the device dashboard by clicking the same Clients menu button.
Dashboard vs Device Level
Client Data Analytics can be found under both the account dashboard and the device dashboard.
- Account Client Data Analytics can be viewed by clicking on the Dashboard button and clicking on the Clients button under the account dashboard menu.
- Device Client Data Analytics can be viewed by clicking on the Devices button, selecting the desired device from the list, and clicking on the Clients button under the devices dashboard menu.
- Both Client Data Analytics pages will present the same information, but the device level will only present information on clients connected to that particular device.
Adjust Data Range and Source
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
The Client Data Analytics page has settings to specify only new clients, change the data range time period and data source information presented on the page. This can help present only the pertinent information desired for a particular user. To change these settings follow the directions listed below:
- Step 2: Acces the Client Data Analytics page through the account or device dashboard
- Step 3: To show only new clients, check the New Clients box.
- Step 4: To change the data range, click on the Data Range field and select from Yesterday, Last 7 Days, Last 15 Days, Last 30 Days, or Custom to specify a broader date range.
- Step 5: To change the data source, click on the Data Source field and select from All, Ethernet, or WiFi to specify a what types of client data types you want to have displayed.
There are No Client Data Analytics Statistics Displayed
If you viewing Client Data Analytics on the Dashboard, and there is nothing displayed, please check the following:
- Client Data Analytics might not be enabled for that particular device.
- The device might have been added recently (within 24 hours) and does not yet have data to display
Published Date: 02/27/2017
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.