How to connect a wired WAN connection with a static IP address to a Cradlepoint router
Products Supported: Series 3. Click here to identify your router.
NetCloud OS Version: 5.3.0 - for information on upgrading NCOS Versions, click here.
NetCloud OS Version 6.0 has been released and introduces a vastly improved GUI for all current Series 3 routers. Cradlepoint has created new Knowledge Base articles with updated screen shots and instructions for the new GUI layout. As a result, this article has received its final update. To view the version of this Knowledge Base article for NetCloud OS Versions 6.0 and Later please click here.
This article describes how to configure a Static IP on a wired WAN connection on a Series 3 Cradlepoint router.
Some ISP's require static IP settings in the router.
Configuration Difficulty: Intermediate
- Step 1: Log into the router's Setup Page. For help with logging in please click here.
- Step 2: Confirm that the ISP requires static WAN IP settings by contacting the ISP (typically ISP’s do not require these settings).
- Step 3: Click the Internet tab then Connection Manager.
- Step 4: Under WAN Interfaces heading, click the Ethernet: Blue device then click the Edit button.
- Step 5: In the WAN Configuration box that displays, click the Ethernet Settings tab.
- Step 6: Change the Connect Method to Static (Manual).
- Step 7: Fill in the IP Address, Subnet Mask, Gateway IP, Primary and Secondary DNS (provided by the ISP).
- Step 8: Click Submit.
- Step 9: Connect your static internet connection to the BLUE Ethernet port on the router.
- Step 10: Allow up to 2 minutes for the connection to establish.
Published Date: 12/15/2014
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.