If you are unsure of your CradlePoint Series or Model number, please click here.
This article was written based on firmware version 2.0.0.The CradlePoint products that this article refers to are in the End of Life process, there will be no further firmware updates for any of these products. All Knowledgebase articles related to these products have received their final update. To view our current product line, please visit https://cradlepoint.com/products.
You are unable to access the internet with a Cable, DSL or Satellite modem connected to a CradlePoint router.
Some Cable, DSL, or Satellite modems use the same default IP address as the CradlePoint router. This causes an IP conflict when connecting the router to the modem. Changing the CradlePoint router's IP address will eliminate this IP address conflict.Resolution
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at email@example.com.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the Cable/DSL modem from the CradlePoint router, if connected.
- Log into the router's setup page. If you are unsure how, click here.
- Click the BASIC tab, then click WAN in the gray sub-menu on the left.
- In the WIRED WAN SETTINGS section, locate the Dynamic IP Internet Connection Type area, then click Clone Your PC’s MAC Address.
- Click Save Settings at the top of the page, then click Reboot Later or Continue when prompted.
- Click NETWORK on the gray sub-menu on the left.
- Locate the NETWORK SETTINGS section then change the Router IP address to 192.168.50.1.
- Click Save Settings at the top of the page, then click Reboot Now when prompted.
- Unplug the power cables from both the Cable/DSL/Satellite modem and CradlePoint router.
- Plug the Cable/DSL/Satellite modem power back in and wait approximately 30 seconds for the modem to boot, stabilize, and connect to the ISP.
- After the modem connects to the ISP, plug the Cable/DSL modem Ethernet cable back into the blue port on the CradlePoint router.
- Reconnect the power cord for the CradlePoint, allow approximately 30 seconds for the router to boot and stabilize.
- Reconnect a computer to the CradlePoint, via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. The internet should now be available.