Accessing the Setup Pages of a Cradlepoint Router
Products Supported: All Series 3 Devices (IBR6x0, CBR4x0, AER2100, MBR1400, MBR95, MBR1200B, CBA750B). Click here to identify your router.
Firmware Version: 5.3.0 - for information on upgrading firmware, click here. Please note that for the CBR4x0 and MBR95 routers, there will be no further firmware updates, but the process defined below remains the same.
Firmware version 6.0 has been released and introduces a vastly improved GUI for all current Series 3 routers. Cradlepoint has created new Knowledge Base articles with updated screen shots and instructions for the new GUI layout. As a result, this article has received its final update. To view the version of this Knowledge Base article for Firmware 6.0 and Later please click here.
In many cases it is necessary to log into the router's administrative console to make configuration changes or to troubleshoot. This article describes how to do this.
Configuration Difficulty: Beginner
- Connect your computer to the Cradlepoint router with an ethernet cable or wirelessly. Please reference this article for further instructions.
- Open a web browser, such as Firefox or Internet Explorer, type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar, and press enter/return on your keyboard.
- Note: This site is hosted locally on your Cradlepoint router, so you do not need internet access to view this page.
- You should see a page with the Cradlepoint logo prompting you to enter the administrative password. If you are not sure what your password is, or it isn't being accepted, take a look at this article.
- After you have entered your admin password, you will be logged into the administration console of your Cradlepoint router and will be able to change the router's settings. Please refer to your router's Manual for a full explanation of available configuration options.
Note: If you are having trouble accessing the router's admin page, first try using a laptop or desktop computer (Mac or PC). Other types of devices, such as smartphones, may not have the capability to correctly display the router's setup pages.
Login Page Doesn't Come Up
- Verify there is an actual connection between your computer and the Cradlepoint router. Refer to this article for additional setup considerations and troubleshooting steps.
- Some computers do not allow multiple network connections. Ensure that your computer is connecting ONLY to the Cradlepoint router by disconnecting all other wired and wireless network connections. This includes physical connections with any modems or aircards, switches, and other routers, and any wireless connections.
- Some browsers include both an address bar and a search bar. Make sure you are typing into the main address bar.
- Some browsers include only a single bar that acts as both address bar and search bar. To prevent the browser from looking for the router admin page on the web, unplug your modem from the Cradlepoint router. Note: Do not plug the modem into your computer; simply leave it unplugged for the duration of making changes within the Cradlepoint setup pages.
- If you suspect the router's address may have been changed, try navigating to http://cp/ instead.
Login Page Comes Up Blank
- When using Internet Explorer: If you see the Cradlepoint logo, but don't have the option to enter the password, you may need to Enable Compatibility View Mode.
- If you are still having difficulty logging in to the router, disable any extra add-ons by going to Tools -> Manage Add-Ons.
- You might consider using a different web browser such as Firefox, Chrome, or Safari to access the administration pages.
Published Date: 12/01/2015
This article not have what you need? Not find what you were looking for? Think this article can be improved? Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.