- In many cases, the issue stems from a misconfiguration or NCOS corruption, and can be quickly resolved without replacing the device.
- The following steps are required, but not limited to, to verify that the Cradlepoint product is indeed defective or has suffered a hardware failure and needs to be replaced.
- Cradlepoint will not issue an RMA without going through basic troubleshooting to verify the device operation.
- Inspect the LED indicators (lights) on the router:
- Review the router logs:
- Review the configuration from the router.
- Update router NCOS:
- Peform the extended hardware reset: How to do an extended factory reset
Power or Stability Issues:
- Router does not power on
- Troubleshooting router reboots
- How to troubleshoot router lock ups and reboots
Ethernet Port(s) Not Working:
- Troubleshooting Ethernet Connectivity Issues
Cellular Modem Does Not Connect:
- Router does not see the cellular modem because of modem firmware issues
- Cellular modem is not detected because of a modem plug issue
- Review the error message in the Connection Manager when the device attempts to connect
Firmware Does Not Update:
- SIM door sensor damaged during SIM installation
- Receiving a NO SIM error because of a production-caused issue with the SIM slot thickness
- Antenna Connector Broke Off
- Note: Customer damage and acts of nature are not covered by the warranty. Cradlepoint may replace the device only:
- If the device has not been deployed and the damage is out of the box
- If the product “broke” through acceptable usage during deployment