LPE/LP3 Modem Firmware Update Notification
August 18, 2015
What is it?
Cradlepoint has posted new modem
firmware packages, containing v05.05.58.0x firmware, as part of general maintenance for LPE and LP3 embedded/integrated modems. The modem firmware packages apply to all LPE and LP3 modem loads, including those for Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Generic (T-Mobile and Canadian Carriers) and EU (Europe). Cradlepoint encourages customers to update their modem firmware
as soon as viable to avoid potential issues that may occur. Please note that modem firmware is separate from router firmware.
The most significant issues addressed in the 05.05.58.0x modem firmware update include:
- General IMS and SMS improvements, including:
- More reliable, automatic receipt of Verizon’s Over-the-air (OTA) APN for static IP accounts
- Better management of Sprint SMS errors with Sprint SIMs
- Additional enhancements to the file system corruption detection algorithm
- Improvement of GPS performance across power cycles
- General stability maintenance for modem recovery issues, such as memory block management, getting stuck in boot-load mode, and false “Not Activated” failures
- Chipset system fixes for rare, corner-case crashes, race conditions, and intermittent failures
Are My Devices Affected?
- All Routers with “LPE” or “LP3” in the SKU number
Examples: AER3100LPE-VZ, CBA750B-LPE-AT, IBR1100LPE-SP, IBR600LP3-EU
- All Modem Caps with “LPE” or “LP3” in the SKU number
Examples: MC400LPE-VZ, MC400LPE-VZ-ARC, MC400LP3-EU
Upgrading Modem Firmware
At Cradlepoint, protecting your network is our first priority. As part of Cradlepoint’s firmware policy, customers always have the ability to implement bug fixes and patches by accessing firmware updates.
To upgrade your modem firmware
- If you are utilizing Enterprise Cloud Manager, upgrading modem firmware is easy, Click here
- For instructions on upgrading modem firmware using the Automatic Update capability in the router user interface, click here
- If you want to download new modem firmware and manually update using the router user interface, click here
For more information contact your Cradlepoint Support Representative at 1.855.813.3385 (Toll Free) or +1.208.424.5054(Direct) 8 am to 8 pm EST, or firstname.lastname@example.org
for email support.